Machine Builders Wanted for Open Positions in Metro Detroit, MI
K & A Resource Group in Sterling Heights is looking for qualified Machine Builders with experience in building and assembling automated machines. Applicants should have good attendance, their own tools, and the desire to work with others in an overall team structure.
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Previous machine building experience with knowledge of basic machining equipment and tools.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and provide possible solutions.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting blueprints.
- Good working relationship and effective communication skills with vendors, team members, suppliers, and project teams.
- Ability to demonstrate efficiency, quality, safety, and capability.
Overall job responsibilities include:
- Study blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work-piece, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Measure, mark and scribe dimensions and reference points on material or work-piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Select, align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers and grinders.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow and depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input or edit computerized machine control media.
- Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of- tolerance machining and adjust machine controls or control media as required.
- Verify conformance of finished work-piece to specifications.
- Set up and operate machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data. Fit and assemble parts into complete assembly.
- Verify dimensions and alignment of assembly.
- Install machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, equipment and test operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Develop specifications from general description and draw sketch of part or product to be fabricated.
- Work with engineers, production personnel, programmers and others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
The following are list of tools that will be needed in order to accomplish the daily job functions:
- 1/2″ Impact
- 1 LB Ball Peen Hammer
- 1.5 LB Brass Hammer
- 10″ & 12″ Crescent Wrench
- 12″ combination Square
- 2″ Polisher
- 3/8″ & ” Air Hand Drill
- 3/8″ & ” Ratchets
- 3/8″ & ” Torque Wrench with NM
- 6″ Calipers
- 8″ Torpedo Level
- De-burring Tool
- Drift Punches
- Metric Allen Wrenches
- Metric Tape Measure
- Metric Wrenches
- Metric, 3/8, & Socket Wrenches
To speak to one of our experienced recruiters for this position, please call 586-806-6614, or, email us directly at email@example.com.